Sunday, July 19, 2020

For the past six weeks I've been working on a book I plan to publish before Christmas. It's called THE ROBERTOREG READER and it will include over 30 of my works that have been published in various places over the years as well as some new stuff. My dream at the beginning of June was that this endeavor would have its crowning achievement in an essay that would give the reader a summary of my current work on DEVIL MAKE A THIRD. Sadly, that essay won't get written in 2020 because po' old ROBERTOREG ain't intellectually equipped to handle the task. These six weeks of banging my head against the wall have convinced me that the only way to step back and look at Dougie Bailey's book THE WAY I WANNA LOOK AT IT is for me to complete my footnoting of the novel's  Forward, all of its 33 chapters and all 12 interludes plus add a complete index along with footnoting Dougie's unpublished last chapter. I've completed Chapter 1 and I wrote 52 footnotes, each of which I continue to expand upon so you can see I've got my work cut out for me.

 I've have begun the task I dream to complete one day and on page 20 of DEVIL MAKE A THIRD , the first page of Chapter 2, we read: "Shirt sleeves to shirt sleeves," she had said...    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1gDQ4JhccLdyvbczfcp1gNZ/from-shirtsleeves-to-shirt-sleeves-in-three-generations-16-february-2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home