Tuesday, January 22, 2019

"The first time I saw Buddy Buie he was probably managing the Webs and we were sharing a bill with them at THE OLD DUTCH & I don't even remember what the name of my band was but in Buddy Buie I saw a guy who had more desire and more ability and more natural talent than anybody I'd run into in my life up to that time. He wasn't really a guitar player but he could make enough chords & he wasn't really a singer but he could write the most beautiful songs & when he would rair back & play one for a room full of people, he didn't let his guitar playing & vocals stand in the way, I mean, if you had any imagination at all, you could hear the finished product & I also noticed that Buddy took care of the little details nobody else wanted to do, like booking the jobs & making sure the guitar player had his pick. You know, all that kind of stuff~" the late JOHNNY WYKER on TIGER JACK'S RADIO SHOW, July 11, 2008 http://www.birminghamrecord.com/brc/hall_of_fame/buddy-buie/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home