Saturday, February 13, 2021

 After reading everything I could find about Derek Delgaudio's IN & ON ITSELF, I finally saw it. My initial impression is that Coach Bryant would have really enjoyed this show for two reasons: 

#1: Coach Bryant's first advice to incoming freshman players was to let the first thing they do on campus be to write home. This is a transcript of a video of Coach making that speech: "I've said this before, of course,
I've said anytime I've had the opportunity that I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world because of the privilege of being here at The University & passing my time here.

I WILL never put anything against your education. We want that to come first.

ON THE OTHER HAND WE WANT FOOTBALL!!!!

To be second!

We want football to be second!

Because we feel a very strong obligation to you and we feel like you should to The University because it works both ways.

First of all,
we want you to write home!

THANK YOU!"

#2:  "This is the beginning of a new day.  

God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or use it for good.

What I do today is important as I am
exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever.
Leaving something in its place I have traded for it.

I want it to be a gain, not loss--good, not evil.
Success, not failure,

in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it."
~  a poem found in Coach Bryant’s wallet on the day of his death
 https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/finance/news/don-t-call-derek-delgaudio-223033296.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home