Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Last week this guy on Facebook says there's an old picture of the Marmaduke Williams house in an old yearbook when Tuscaloosa High was located where Alabama Power now stands on the northeast corner of Queen City and Bryant Drive. So I begin this fruitless search that dug up some great pictures but no Marmaduke Williams. So yesterday another buddy of mine starts telling me stories of the time they managed the apartments inside the 1840 Jemison-Brandon-Waugh House @ 1005 17th Avenue. So I'm on my walk and thinkin' 'bout how I can use what I've learned searching through Tuscaloosa yearbooks and as I'm approaching 16th Avenue, I think,"I can look up Mrs. Cochrane and she's descended from the man who built the Jemison-Brandon-Waugh House!" When I got in, I punched COCHRANE buried in TUSCALOOSA into Find-A-Grave-dot-com and got her birthdate, then added 18 and checked the '37 BLACK WARRIOR. After scanning the pages I wanted, I realized I'd missed one and as I opened the yearbook, I noticed the name of the former owner of the yearbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home