Friday, March 09, 2018

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."
That dozen words, really just 10 when you take out the "the"s,
"GOD GRANT ME SERENITY TO ACCEPT THINGS I CAN'T CHANGE!"
Those ten words from the first sentence of  THE SERENITY PRAYER were inscribed on a plaque that sat on top of my Mama's TV set.
Prayers have guided my life. Rituals I reserve for myself as I explore and navigate THE UNKNOWN. Like a feather in the wind, each of us in our own special way, get glimpses of THE NEXT WORLD as well as the UNSEEN PARTS of the life we lead in the present moment. It may show itself in a sense of deja vu or a moment of telepathy with your girlfriend or when reading the headlines of an event which occurred after your personal prediction. Some among us have special powers such as an ability.  tricks magic act magic act and converted it to social justice. RELIGION SUX. but then again. I damn sho' ain't preachin' no funeral and someone who has the faith stand over the open grave of a loved one and lead others through that ancient ritual commands my respect. yellow fever stories. George Washington.  anger builds as you intimately view the waste and suffering. the next line courage wisdom COLUMBUS. ALL MY SPIRITUAL MENTORS FAILED ME. If you live through your 50s, ya just might live awhile. I survived. I endured. I thrived. wHEN i GO MY WAY AND YOU GO YOURS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home