Wednesday, October 07, 2015

2007 BILLY JOE ROYAL INTERVIEW: "Then when it folded up I got a job down in Savannah and that was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I played in this huge club, the Bamboo Ranch,and anybody that was anybody played there. Joe South came down and started playing guitar. So as kids we played with Sam Cooke, Marty Robbins, George Jones, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, the Isley Brothers, Faron Young and anybody that was anybody came through those doors. I've been lucky my whole life. I met Joe South that knew Bill Lowery. Joe and I had cut some stuff on our own which was just awful. We took it to Bill and he said he didn't like the stuff and he took us to Nashville. I had 6 or 7 records before "Down in the Boondocks". Of course it was on a major label and it hit."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home