Monday, May 22, 2023

 Since April 5th, I've had an INCREDIBLE streak of good luck (wid a couple of bumps along the way, OF COURSE!!!!).

On Thursday, June 22, I'm to speak at the Jemison House for two hours to HISTORIC TUSCALOOSA which is the new name for the old Tuscaloosa Preservation Society. Historic Tuscaloosa | Non-Profit Preservation Organization | Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Definitely one of the greatest opportunities I've ever had in my lifetime to SHINE . Gonna speak on the 1887 Tuscaloosa panoramic map. https://reclaimalabama.blogspot.com/2023/02/going-to-include-few-links-to-blog.html

Back to my streak of good luck... So I wanted to go to PCB for my FIRST VACATION IN TWO YEARS (!!!!) but even the rathole places on the beach were over $200 a night in APRIL!!! I've saved a few pennies recently and didn't want 'em wasted for a few days at the SEA BITCH and a few nights chasin' SEA HAGS down @ THE BEACH HOUSE BAR so I looked for an opportunity and it came in the form of an invitation to stay in a friend's Gulf Shores basement for 9 days so I got to celebrate my 73rd birthday the last week of April @ THE BEACH!!!! Reclaim Alabama

Then last week my grandson Sawyer graduated from PRE-K!!!! Reclaim Alabama

Then this last weekend we put together a party with THREE BANDS! Who has ever been invited to a FREE PRIVATE PARTY OVERLOOKING THE TOMBIGBEE RIVER with three killer rockin' bands?!!!! NOT MANY and ain't too many been to a party with two bands which we now do routinely. Reclaim Alabama

But now I'm back in my old routine. Headin' to the river in a bit to feed MY FISHY FISH & OTHER CRITTERS!!!! Reclaim Alabama

Finally closed the last chapter on Scott Gellerstedt. Ten years after he committed suicide at the Passport Inn in St. Andrews, the last of the FOUR who could have given me the gory details I craved has died. First Jimbo Adkins, then Fred Moody and Bob Rush. Nobody would tell me shit. Now Robert Nomberg is gone. Obituary for Robert Brian Nomberg | Ward-Wilson Funeral Home (wardwilson.com)

Let me hear from ya.

Best,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home