Sunday, February 28, 2021

 I woke up this morning to a surprising rainstorm and became worried about rescuing my 50 pound bag of fish food that's exposed on the bank of the Warrior and then I opened up my gmail account and ACTUALLY SAVED your email while DELETING about 20 spam NEWS ALERTS from the T-News. 

Anywayzzzzzzzzzz, forget about the fish food... SOMEBODY'S INTERESTED IN DAUPHIN ISLAND HISTORY!!!! & you went to BAMA,too! Give me your years of interest because I got about every Corolla since 1900. My boss, Lee Pake (Zebe) , is a collector. The Staples-Pake building is named after his family.  http://staplespake.com/about/

The latest Dauphin Island stuff I been thinking about occurred last week when my on-again-off-again girlfriend of only 54 years sent me a link to an article about floating lighthouses and it got me to thinking about the lightering fleet stationed at the lower anchorage between D.I. and Ft. Morgan before the dredging of the ship channel. All ocean-going ships would off-load cargo on to small boats bound for the wharfs on the Mobile River. It is my understanding that barges were anchored in the bay as a base of operations. 

Another Dauphin Island history investigation I might like to get into would be anything dealing with the 300th anniversary of Dauphin Island's conquest of Pensacola which will occur into 2022. Bienville's 1719 conquest of Pensacola is the only reason P'cola can add the French flag to their CITY OF FIVE FLAGS. Dauphin Island is the ISLE OF 8 FLAGS because of the Republic of Alabama and the Republic of West Florida.  https://dauphinislandhistory.blogspot.com/

I haven't looked at any of your material but your 1900 to 1918 timeline fits right into my work on Dothan. I'm writing THE DEVIL MAKE A THIRD Primer. https://privatepropertynotrespass.blogspot.com/

I'm probably gonna be down on Dauphin Island soon so we can probably meet then. I gotta get ready to go to the Dinosaur Show @ Alabama Adventure Park with my two year old grandson and his parents.

My number is 443-703-6271

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home