Saturday, May 09, 2020




 image & comment courtesy of  Mike McCarty:
"First time I met Richard, he introduced himself as 'The Beautiful Little Richard' and gave me this photo...the next time we met, I showed him the art piece I had done for 'The Best of Little Richard' cover, and I’ll never forget his response (in a higher voice): "Wooooooo that makes my big toe shoot up in my boot!!!' "


image & comment courtesy of Mike McCarty:
"RIP Little Richard...pencil study for a 'Best Of Little Richard' cover that I did in 1980-something, that contained his original recordings of his Specialty Records sessions from the 1950’s...lucky to have met him..."


  image and comment courtesy of Mike McCarty:
 "Found one more from Georgia Music Hall of Fame induction evening, with Issac Hayes, Buddy Buie, and Little Richard in 1984...I have had the honor working with all three of these people over the years...feeling broken hearted and blessed...miss them and those special times."


image & comment courtesy of Sherry & Mike McCarty:
"RIP Little Richard...ran across this photo (in elevator with Lena Horne, Del Bryant, and Little Richard) Georgia Music Hall of Fame induction night in 1984...photo by Sherri McCarty Wow!! How ironic that Lena Horne died on this same date in 2010..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home