Thursday, January 23, 2020

This Sunday, January 26 will mark 37 years since Coach Bryant passed away. This month a music video for the song THE DAY BEAR BRYANT DIED was posted on Youtube for the first time. The video already had  over 1100 views.  Today, Thursday January 23, 2020 would have been Buddy's 79th birthday. Please help us spread the word about the song THE DAY BEAR BRYANT DIED on this special day by sharing this link, especially with your friends in the media.

Buddy Buie's own words describing the song, THE DAY BEAR BRYANT DIED:

"My dream is for “The Day Bear Bryant Died” to become an anthem for the Bama Nation. "

 "I am a professional songwriter and record producer. Over the years I have written over thirty songs that became hits, but few of them have been as heartfelt and emotional as the song Ronnie Hammond and I wrote one cold January day in 1983."

''My dream come true would be that song being played by the Million Dollar Band or up on that big (Jumbotron) screen.  I always thought, if the Alabama fans could hear this, they would love it as much as I do.''

"''I thought Ronnie sang the devil out of that song, so we didn't fool with his performance at all. It's basically the original demo, just dressed up. It's still got that emotion to it.''

"''I've been wrong before, but I've had about 30 hits that I've been right about. This song, if heard by enough Alabama fans, will become the theme for the Bama Nation. I truly believe that. I truly wish that.''

"My dream is to be in Bryant-Denny Stadium and the whole crowd sings along with the chorus!"

"... it's been near and dear to my heart and to Ronnie's heart because we just love it as a song. You know, sometimes songwriters like the songs that don't sell as much as they do the songs that sell. You know, the songs that are personal to them. This was one that was personal to us. I'm just thrilled that the people at Alabama, the alumni and people have been encouraging me to do something with this..."

My dream is for this to be played at Bryant-Denny Stadium and for the crowd to sing along at the chorus and make Bear's...
I mean, his image is gonna live anyway but to go back to that day. 

It's like, 'Where were you when Kennedy was shot?'
Where we you when Bear Bryant died?
...and most people in Alabama remember that day!"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZR-7G3ql8w&t=27s




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home