Wednesday, November 29, 2017

"It would be difficult for me to express enough gratitude or to show enough appreciation for all the help, love and happy memories I have of Alabama and my hometown, Dothan- and for the many fine people who have been so kind to me throughout the years. Friends and friendships crowd in upon my memory. I wish I could talk about all of them.

"When I was a boy growing up in Dothan, and through my schoolhood and university days, I had wonderful times. Alabama will always be my home and , in everything I've done, I have wanted the folks there to be proud of me."

"One of my biggest thrills was going home after the Rose Bowl game. As the train pulled into Dothan, there was a big crowd to meet it, and I looked out the window and saw my brother playing trap drums in the band. They gave me one of the finest receptions anyone could ever wish for. There was a luncheon at the hotel with my mother and daddy there, and speeches, speeches, speeches."
from JOHNNY MACK BROWN: Up Close And Personal by Bobby J. Copeland


http://robertoreg.blogspot.com/2014_10_05_archive.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home