Saturday, July 16, 2016

"My friend and partner, Paul Cochran
discovered Dennis Yost & the Classics IV in Jacksonville, FL. They came to Atlanta; were signed by Bill Lowery. Joe South was their producer. He became ill and by default I was declared their new producer.
Dennis Yost hated the way that I wanted him to sing the song. He said,'It makes me sound like a sissy.'
So I wanted him to sound real seductive and sexy, you know [singing] 'In the cool of the evening,' that kind of deal and he went back to Bill Lowery in the office and says, ' I'm not recording that song that way! It makes me sound weird. Makes me sound like a sissy!'

Bill said,'Hey man, you do it your way and then you do it Buddy's way and we'll see which one came out best' and it went on to be our first huge record." ~ BUDDY BUIE  http://robertoreg.blogspot.com/2013_07_07_archive.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home