Monday, May 11, 2009

On Saturday, April 25, the day before McConnell spoke in Selma, I heard a Christian minister's wife in Selma say, "Well, Elkdale is a cult!"

I 'bout went off the chain on that but I held my peace & calmly reminded her of what happened the weekend of March 6 & also reminded her of how MD/FF/HOG/SCC fit every definition of a cult and that her only gripe with Elkdale was simply that they did not necessarily subscribe to her "Anything Goes"/"Forgive & Forget"/"God Is Luv!"/"Tolerate Anything"/"Condemn Nothing"
humanitarian philosophy.

My little lecture ended that conversation topic but later on after she had gone home, another Christian (choir member, lay leader, etc.) asked me, "What has Duke done to you?"

I let this person know how much I resent MD bringing his spiritual "riots" movement to Selma & it reminded me of others in Selma who have said to me,"Well, he hasn't done anything to me YET."

This stone wall of liberal "LIVE & LET LIVE" philosophy that is so popular with certain "progressive" members of the Selma community is the ULTIMATE barrier we must tear down.

Do a good turn and take "the mirror" and put it up to each member of Selma's "Progressive Club".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home