Monday, October 30, 2017

TALK ABOUT SPOOKY, now this is just plain HALLOWEEN SPOOKY. A woman on the Old Dothan Facebook site responded about this post concerning the 200th anniversary today of events during the 1st Seminole War where she remarked that her relatives had served during the Indian Wars and that many of the important sites weren't even marked. I thought to myself,"Yeah, those innocents deaths started a lot of cemeteries." I was thinking of the Albersons family and how their massacre in 1836 at their home on the east back of the Choctawhatchee in 1836 above Geneva and their buriel was the beginning Wesley Chapel Cemetery where many of my Register kin are buried. AT THAT VERY MOMENT, I received a Facebook friend request from an ALBERSON WOMAN from Hartford in Geneva County, the town where my Daddy was born.

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/al/state2/counties/geneva/cemeteries/wesleymethchcem.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home