Monday, November 12, 2007

BOSS:

Thanks for tuning up that Kool-Aid Test quote.

Jimmy Dean, not of the sausages, but of Wilbur Walton Jr. & The James Gang, The Webs, Beaverteeth & The B.J. Thomas Band,
wrote a poem last night about the WWll vets

[but I heard yestertiddy that only 3 American WWl Vets are alive.
I gotta check that out.]

Anywayzzz, here's yo' own message sent to you by the residents of ZERO, NORTHWEST FLORIDA!

Roberto----Alabama Public Television had a great show on tonight featuring Alabama veterans of World War II.
My father died
Christmas Day, 2003, and the special, which was touching to me, brought him and members of his generation to my mind.
I was out in my garage working on a painting of Wally's Service Station (remember
The Andy Griffith Show?) and stopped to jot down some thoughts that came to me.
Having nothing else to do with them, I decided to send them along to you. Maybe they will promote others of our time to stop a moment and reflect on that amazing generation.....


Veteran's Day

The crops are in, the stalks are dead
or dying in the field.
We thank you, God, for what they gave,
we thank you for their yield.

Pale and failing, leaning now,
they fall before the wind.
The sun that fed them dries them now,
they're dying once again.

When they stood tall and proud and young
our future was their gift.
Without them we seem rudderless,
and sure to go adrift.

But summer always comes again,
new crops will fill the fields.
Yet they will feed on yesterday
whose harvest always lives.
Jimmy Dean

IS DIS NOT MUHFUGGIN' WEIRD THAT I BRING UP SYNCHRONICITY ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6 & MAILER DIES ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10.
WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!



The other thing I want to mention is that Saturday, November 10
is the sixth anniversary of Kesey's passing on.
Please visit Ken son Zane's site http://www.key-z.com
& tell him how much his father meant to you.
For 15 years I dreaded the anniversary of my Daddy's death, September 14.
That all changed when my son, Christopher
was born on September 14, 1988.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home